Monday, February 11, 2008

That's my boy

It is so funny how different your kids can be. Gabe is known at school as the kid in kindergarten that rarely eats the snacks that the other kids bring. He is an extremely picky eater...thank goodness for multi-vitamins. The kid also has a gag reflex that is out of this world. If he smells a food that he doesn't such as exotic smells like bananas or hot grease... he often has to exit the room quickly as he starts to gag.

Then there is Jacob who is happy to eat or at least try just about anything. Tonight he helped me bbq some salmon and he devoured it. On Saturday he was so excited that I bought sushi. The last time we bought it he asked for some and loved it. ...(it isn't real sushi - everything is cooked but still a bit of a stretch for a 4 year old...I wouldn't touch the stuff until I was in my late 20's) I will admit that on Sat after eating a couple of pieces he fessed up that he didn't like the seaweed in the roll and asked if he could take it out. Ok, I guess so.

That's my boy! He was disappointed that I didn't have chopsticks for him to use also. Maybe next time buddy.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Brave little boy, I won't even eat sushi. Gives me the same reaction as Gabe. Last night we were talking about when Mary found out she would be the mother of Jesus from the angel, Matt asked the boys what the angels name was. Andrew said, "Oh I know, I know,.... Jacob." We laughed and than said, "No your other cousin."

Anonymous said...

very brave. he will be a very adventurous one!

Valerie said...

I'm just amazed at the amount of food that Jakie can consume! Now sushi, it kills me. I'm like Gabe and head for the door with that.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy!!!!!